Square is a preferred & popular payment gateway that offers live on site processing with a one-click installation/connection process as well as a product importer to sync Square products -> EasyCart.
- Square is offered in our Free edition with a 2% application fee + Square fees.
- Square is offered in our Pro or Premium edition licenses and get 0% application fees + Square fees.
Video Guide – Square Payment Setup
Watch as we setup Square payments, including the apple pay, google pay mobile wallet payments with the popular gateway.
How to Setup Square Payments
To setup Square to accept payments on your website, you will visit WP EasyCart -> Payments -> Live Payments panel and choose to enable Square. This may vary based on the free edition which may include a slider, or our Professional/Premium which offers more payment choices and a selection in our Live Payment section.
- Choose square as your payment choice
- Slide the ‘Enable Live’ slider on so that Square enables.
- You will be asked to login to your Square account if not already and accept permissions for the app
- Once connected, you will return to easycart and choose the store location of your choice as well as enable/disable Digital Wallets
- You will need to complete an extra step for Apple Pay to operate, please view below directions on this step
- If you use wallet payments, simply add a Merchant Name to appear on those wallet payments.
Note: You must have an https:// secure SSL certificate in order to process live payments. You usually purchase an SSL through your web host provider on a yearly basis. We recommend you use the ‘WordPress HTTPS’ plugin to secure your store, cart, and account pages.
Note: In this example, you can see we are connected and we may choose a store location if you have more than one. You may also renew your authentication connection here at anytime by clicking renew as well. WP EasyCart will renew your authentication automatically after every order so as to keep it current. If you have an inactive store for a long period of time, you may be required to come periodically and renew your connection.
Square Advanced Options
Advanced options include the ability to import products, renew Square tokens, as well as your Store Location, enable Digital Wallet payments such as apple pay & google pay.
Setup required for Apple Pay
Apple Pay requires an extra verification step be taken on all websites. In order to do this, you must upload a certificate file to your website and place within a specific director before Square will verify your site and show Apple Pay as an available option.
- Download Certificate File Here
- Unzip this file or open it to find the certificate file called “apple-developer-merchantid-domain-association”
- Upload this certificate file to the following location:
You may need to create this .well-known/ folder on your website and please be aware it does require it be exactly in this location.
Using the optional Square Product Importer
Once you have finished connecting the Square payment process, you may use the square importer as an optional convenience system to bring Square products -> EasyCart. Click Here to learn more on our Square cart importer.