Account options let you control various aspects of a user signing up for accounts. Both the account page created in wordpress as well as the customer checkout page let the user create accounts and these settings adjust how that process looks.
- Collect Billing Information on Registration: You can enable this and require users to input billing address information when they sign up for an account. During checkout this is automatic, but if they visit the ‘account’ page, you can require it there as well.
- Enable Email Validation: If you receive a lot of spam account sign-ups, you may enable email validation which sends an email to the user after they create the account and they must activate it with that link in the email.
- Show Manage Subscription Menu Item: Not all stores have subscriptions, so you can enable this or disable this from appearing in the customers ‘account’ main menu section.
- Enable User Notes on Registration: The user may leave notes in an open text area if enabled.
- Enable Subscribe Checkbox: If enabled, the users name and email will be collected in the subscribe system. This is especially useful if you connect to MyMail Newsletter or MailChimp email services to send your subscribers news related emails, promotional emails, etc.